Arogya Foundation is a non- profit making, charitable organization established in the year 2005 for the purpose of serving the people with disabilities in Sri Lanka. Since then this organization have served more than 1000 disabled persons across the country by providing Wheel Chairs, Crutches,Walking sticks, Arm crutches, Walkers, Special chairs for children, Water Bed, Beds for patients, Battery operated scooter including Financial assistance for the purchase of Artificial Limbs and Legs, Medical treatments , for physically handicapped persons.
In addition, Financial Assistance was also provided for Self employment, Housing, Education and Scholarships for Physically Handicapped, Mentally retarded and blind including donation of clothes and Spectacles for persons with Low vision.
The main objective of the Arogya Foundation is to provide the best medical facility to the people with disabilities in Sri Lanka. Foundation believes that there should be a medical center which is capable to carry out all medical treatments. The solution is a water therapy medical centre.
Water therapy is an innovative and advanced method of spine and brain restoration. The studies have practically demonstrated that patients who had cerebrospinal injuries result from trauma, stroke and even slipped discs mostly undergo painful seriated and it does take a considerable time to recover from other complexities which result from these surgeries.
Consultant neurosurgeon of Mt. Elizabeth Medical Centre in Singapore, Dr. Prem Pillay is one of the pioneers in using water therapy as an acute treatment for the patients suffering from cerebrospinal problems. Under his directions the foundation has launched the project for establishment of a centre for Hi-tech Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka.
The scope of the Project consists of selecting a suitable land, Construction of building and infrastructure and Operation play.
To achieve project success we seek the funds through local and foreign donors and kindly invite them to rally round us to materialize this event.
No persons with Disabilities
- To make disabled able
- To treat medically for restoration of disability condition
- To rehabilitate on mobility orientation
- To provide job oriented vocation training
- To promote independent livelihood for sustainability
- To encourage disabled on academic and technical education
- To provide advice and facilitate for cultivating interpersonal harmony and meditative concentration
- To establish a Hi-Tech Rehabilitation Centre
- To provide water therapy medical treatments
- To provide medical (Neurosurgery) treatments
- To provide physiotherapy for disabled / mentally retarded persons, (Gym) facilities
- To provide Library facilities, Clinic /Laboratory and class room for the conduct of counseling, Awareness programmes etc.
- To provide hostel facilities for disabled / retarded - monks / clergy (male), Doctors and Foreign guests, Religious activities and clergy, Swimming Pool water therapy , Disabled Female clergy / nuns,
- To provide play ground facilities for disabled
- The principle aim is to establish a well equipped and facilitated Hi-Tech Rehabilitation Centre based on the above mentioned objectives of the Foundation in Sri Lanka.
- To assist organize and promote various development projects for the upliftment of the disabled people.
- Who should desire such assistance and to provide both finance and raw materials to encourage themselves for their self employment and dispose their production through the foundation.
The “‘Arogya’ Foundation for the Disabled” managed by a Director Board. The Executive Committee consists of Director General, President, Secretary, Two Asst. Secretaries, Treasurer, Coordinating Secretary and Organizer.
Most Ven. Thalagala Sumanarathana
Ven. Dr. Sumanasiri - Singapore
Most Ven. Thalapathpitiye Pugngnaloka
Ven. Eryo Sugiwaka - Japan
Rev. Yushi Shimada - Japan
Ven. (Dr) Bhikkuni A. Swarnamala
Mr. Jagath Sumathipala,
President of All Ceylon Buddhist Congress.
Mr. Sumith Bandara Medawela
Ex. Production Manager.
Master Chow Cheong King – Singapore
Mr. Soh Boon Swee Andy – President of
Dharma Drum Singapore
Mr. William Chia – Singapore
Rev. Unapana Ariyadhamma
Most Ven. Udahamulle Saranapala
Chief Incumbent of Sri Saddharmaramaya, Polwatta, Pannipitiya.
Mr. Hasanjith Kruppuarachchi
Head of Enterprise Solutions.
Dr. (Mrs.) K.A.L.Dilani
Mr. Gamini Dahanayake
Justice of the Peace (Whole Island)
Mr. Upali Jayarathna
Mr. W.L.I. Botheju
Advisory Medical Specialist
Dr. Prem Pillay
Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon,Mt. Elizabeth and Gleneagles Medical Centre, Singapore.
Mr. K.D. Malinda Vijekumara
Mr. Buddhika Adikari
Mr. Thusitha Weerawardhana
Mr. A.D. Channa Ranasinghe
Information Technology Adviser
Mr. A. Amitha Kumara
Lecturer University of Sri Jayawardanapura.
Mrs. D. Karunawathie Perera
Mrs. Yasawathie Ranasinghe
Mrs. Suneetha Wijesinghe
Mrs. Kalyani Jayasinghe
Mrs. P.V. Thilakawathie
Mrs. K.Manoja Perera
Mrs. Mihiraji Imbulana
Mr. Nihal Vithanachchi
Mrs. Lilani Perera
Mr. Nilantha Somasiri
Mrs. Ajantha Roshani
Mr. Chathuranga Yapa
Mrs. Nayana Wickramasinghe