Build Hi Tech Rehabilitation Centre for the Disabled in Sri LankaIn Sri Lanka all kind of disabilities reported was more than 10% of the total population according to the statistics. There was a rapid increase, mainly due to war situation in Sri Lanka during last few decades and natural disaster like tsunami. Those causes have brought disabled people to Sri Lanka in both physical and mental conditions. But unlike other countries attention rendered by this community is not in a satisfactory level by the Government of Sri Lankan and all other international and local NGO.
The main target groups of this project are specially youngsters and children, the service of the foundation will be open to all communities. Therefore after consideration of all these facts we understood that the need of a comprehensive establishment which comforts with medical treatments, physical exercises, residential facilities and other requirements.
The planed comprehensive establishment required following constructions:
- Residential facilities for Disabled Buddhist monks and clergy
- Residential facilities for Disabled Lay People
- Residential facilities for the working staff
- Residential facilities for the local and Foreign Medical Doctors
- Complete office for mediation and administrator
- Shrine hall for meditation and activities
- Dining hall and Kitchen
- Swimming pool for under water therapy
- Health club for disabled
- Centre for Information Technology and library for reading purposes
- Consultation and medical examination centre for out word patients
- Car park